Monday, July 2, 2007

Wedding

Sometimes. When the sky turns pink
And the orange orb melts into the oblivion,
I sit down with the coffee life made
And think, sipping, a careful sip.
About life, love and togetherness. And of course you.


Life is wonderful but quite odd at times
They say all that happens is how you see it-
I see you happy today, smiling
I see your smile amidst flowers and people
People who have prayed that this smile of yours remains. Forever.


Love they say is everywhere,
I thought it was just another proverb.
Until I saw the two of you. And looked around.
And saw love in the cake, in the vows and the ring.
In the glass and the drink. Intoxicating.


Togetherness is warmth,
Even with miles apart
Even with a crowd between us
Sitting on opposite corners of the room
We will remain together and I will be there for you. Eternally.

No comments: